Our Guide to Renting
Here at Castle Hill properties we have out together the following tips to help you in the world of property renting:
Get Financially Prepared
Search For Properties
Once you are ready to see the property here are some things to consider when viewing:
- How much is the rent and is it negotiable?
- Are there any additions included in the rent? Bills etc.?
- If bills aren’t included, it is good to get a rough idea of how much the current tenant spends so that you can incorporate this into your budget calculations.
- What is the total amount for the deposit and where will this be stored?
- What is the total length of the agreement?
- Is there a notice period is you choose to leave the property early and are there fees?
- Who will be your emergency contact?
- Ensure that the landlord has the correct insurance for the property, you will most likely be responsible for the contents insurance.
When you are viewing a property, please remember that you are also being assessed to ensure that you are a suitable tenant for the landlord. If you are interested in placing an offer, references will be required.
Signing the Rental Agreement
Once the paperwork is all signed and all monies due have been paid, then you will get a move in date when you can go and get your keys.
Welcome to your new home!